3 Aug 2016

The Origin of the Blog's Name and our Land's Name.

Why is the title of this blog "Building my Kin's Domain" and why did I choose such a long name for our homestead?

Building my Kin's Domain

Kin or Family Line. Domain or Space. I received this idea wholeheartedly after reading the Ringing Cedars of Russia Series by Vladimir Megre. The English version currently has nine volumes.
Fourth Book of the Ringing Cedars of Russia Series by Vladimir Megre, my personal favorite!

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is currently seeking their purpose, soul-searching, or those who simply love nature. Basically, the purpose of this land is to create a "space" where I can continue our family line. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Continuing our family line means creating an environment worthy for your descendants. This has been what the indigenous people of Hokkaido and Philippines have been doing. Indeed, they respected their ancestors but they also highly respect the next generation through protecting their land. Respecting the next generation includes providing shelter and food conducive to learning, creativity, and general well being. As a parent who respects the child, it is of utmost importance to be able to provide food of good quality. Yes, I understand all of us are struggling to buy food and feed the child but I encountered many parents who have well enough capacity to acquire good quality food but still provide harmful food simply for convenience. Nothing compares to food that is grown and raised full of love by the parent's own hand. Imagine planting a fruit tree with loving thoughts for your children and when they grow up you can proudly tell them that you planted it for them. How beautiful this will be! You will be like the Creator of this world and tell your children "Here is this paradise you call Earth. This is for you. I have made everything beautiful and you shall make it more beautiful with your further creations."

The environment does not only mean the physical elements such as the plants, animals, and minerals. Environment includes the mindset or the consciousness of the people living with the space. I would not want to raise my child if I cannot create a peaceful atmosphere. If a parent has watered and cultivated the seeds of anger, greed, and pride, no matter how good the physical environment is, this will affect the child's consciousness. This is why I am still "Building my Kin's Domain". I am building not only the physical aspect but also am cultivating my own consciousness.

Kamui Family Homestead

The word "Kamui" is from the Ainu language. Ainus are the indigenous people of Hokkaido. Kamui means God. For the Ainu, similar to other indigenous people, they saw God in every element and being in their environment. They do not necessarily worship the plant or the animal. They see the God within everything. I chose Kamui as the name to remind me of my every thought and action within the space that all around me is One. This will guide my actions to be mindful and compassionate to all beings in the land.

I deliberately did not use the word Farm. A farm is established to produce food beyond what the land can offer. The word farm is already tainted too much with production schemes and profiteering. Even organic farms have become some sort of "hype" such that usually, only those on the higher financial status can afford the produce prices.

I got the idea of "family homestead" from one of the books of Vladimir Megre. The first part of the name is "family". This is where my family resides. Family does not only include the living, it also includes my ancestors and descendants. You may think I am talking about spirits but I am talking in concrete terms. The genes of my ancestors are within me. I breathe the same air as they did before. I bathe with the same water. The ashes of my ancestors have fertilized the soil and I have ingested the food from this soil. Everything is transforming but still one and same.

Homestead is a place where a family lives from the land in peace and harmony. This is the whole space of the land and not only the house. The homestead provides for the family what the family provides to the homestead. The homestead acts like a mirror. The amount of love and effort you have placed in the land will be reflected back to the family.

Combining the three words, Kamui Family Homestead is a piece of land where family lives with the Creator, Creations, and Ancestors in deep harmony and Overflowing Love to continue on to the next generation.

The building process is ongoing. Until I encounter my co-creator, I shall continue building with my ancestors in my heart.


All is well!